Welcome to Howard Street!
New Building Watch 2019
As we prepare to move next school year, things are moving quickly behind the scenes. A few have asked for a single place to check on the lastest so we will be updating this section more often to let you know. However, the best way to get info is come to the monthly Parent Club meetings to hear in person and ask questions.
- Working on funding for new space - ongoing. We need to raise as much as possible to minimize impact on students and families. Current estimate needed $700,000. Raised about 70k since September.
- Working on Oregon Facilities Authority funding - expected to complete our application in Spring (probably March). How much we borrow determines our yearly payment. To protect future generations of HSCS, we need this as low as possible.
- Thanks to AC&Co Architecture - initial design and structural specs complete
- City review of plans - in process
- Working on final purchase and ground lease for 625 Marion - in process
- apply for building permits
- bid the work for renovation
- 6 month build anticipated - thanks to Rich Duncan Construction for supporting our project
- final inspections
- moving week!
- grand opening in new space!
Donate now to help us move!
Every penny donated to renovate our new space guarantees the viability of Howard Street for the next 50 years. We need your support!
You can directly donate to the renovations of our first home by going here: Click to Donate!
Ways to help
If you regularly shop online, join smile.amazon.com and select Howard Street as your charitable institution. If you shop Amazon as much as we do, this is a great way to make a donation to our school.
Lastly, don't forget your Box Tops! We regularly send in Box Tops to support field trips. Each one is a ten cent donation!